WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
President Harold Karabell called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Harold dispensed with the usual order of business to allow our guest to present first: LaTaunia Kenner, Accounting Manager from the Comptroller’s Office appeared on behalf of Comptroller Darlene Green to speak about the Green HELP Home Energy – Efficiency Loan Program which provides low-interest home loans for energy-efficiency improvement for City of St. Louis Residents. More information can be found at www.greenhelpstlouis.com or 1-877-708-3456.
Minutes for the October 11, 2016 meeting were approved as submitted.
Savings account balance: $1,053.59
Certificate of deposit value: $7,045.34
Checking account balance: $1,266.09 (includes dues from 2 new members)
No report. Laura noted that we are still waiting to see new tree plantings. Per Ron Coleman, these are usually planted in fall and winter. Unfortunately, Skip Kincaid has resigned as head of forestry.
PARK CENTRAL DEVELOPMENT REPORT – SUSAN ANDERSON
Development: Renovation/new construction
- Work has resumed on Gamlin’s site in the Forest Park Hotel Building. No opening date has been published.
- A meeting is scheduled this week with the City regarding the proposed Kingshighway/West Pine development.
- There is an investor/developer interested in constructing a new hotel in the CWE, north of Forest Park Blvd. No details are available at this point.
- Angled parking: Discussions are underway regarding 45 degree angled parking on 3900-4000 West Pine.
- Forest Park Parkway infill: There have been delays, no updates are available.
- Pedestrian streetlights, 4400 West Pine: 3 proposals have been submitted to the Board of Public Service, funded by Alderman Roddy’s 17th Ward Capital Improvement Fund and the CWE Southeast Special Business District.
- 4101 Laclede development: With the recent sale of two more units, groundbreaking should begin very soon.
No crime report as Marshall was not able to attend. It was noted that there have been a number of petty thefts in the 4100 block of West Pine on the week before Halloween.
St. Louis Mobile Police Department mobile app enables receipt of emergency & safety alerts and provides a venue to submit tips, to report crime, and/or to request city services from the Citizen’s Service Bureau. Search for SLMPD on iOS and Android App Stores.
A garage door opener was found in the alley at the east end of the alley between Laclede and Forest Park.
In light of the parking meters installed on Sarah, residents of the 4100-4200 block of West Pine are watching to see the impact on their block and considering options to resolve parking problems.
President Karabell mentioned that an NPR reporter had contacted him about medical helicopters disturbing the peace and quiet of a homeowner in the 4300 block of Laclede. He replied that the Association had received no such complaints. Ron Coleman noted that this has been an on-going issue with the property owner for several years.