WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
Minutes 9.11.18 – Draft until approved at October meeting
President Harold Karabell called the meeting to order at 7:12 (late start due to prior event at the coffee shop).
The minutes for August, 2018 were approved with one typographical correction.
Terry Werner reported income from new memberships ($75) and one outlay for website security ($119.98) Current checking account balance is $2,296.31.
If you have not paid 2018 dues or would like to become a new member: dues are $25 for an individual and $30 for a business and should be mailed to Terry Werner at 4121 West Pine Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63108.
- No report. The previous co-chairs have moved and a volunteer to fill this position would be most welcome.
SECURITY COMMITTEE REPORT
Marshall Michener, Security Liaison, noted:
- Wheel thefts seem to have stopped after a rash of thefts reported last month.
- Car break-ins continue to be an issue in our neighborhood.
- A couple of burglaries were reported.
- Marshall reminded us to report burglaries and other criminal activity, even if you don’t expect it to come to anything. The police need this information to track trends and check the camera records.
Joe Roddy reported:
- 50 additional affordable housing units are being built in Forest Park Southeast, bringing us to over 750 publically subsidized housing units in the ward.
- Ground breaking on a new hotel on the 4200 block of Duncan, part of the new Cortex complex.
- New apartment complex is nearing completion preserving two architecturally significant buildings on Washington University campus. These are being rehabbed as apartments for students and for the public. They also will provide suites – temporary housing for visiting student interviewees.
- New Cortex Metrolink stop has opened.
- Work on the Federal Mogul site and various high-rises is progressing.
- SLU hospital construction at Chouteau and Grans is contributing to development in the neighborhood and an RFP is outstanding on the 50 acre site across the street from the SLU site.
Dorris Loft board submitted two questions about the 4101 Laclede condo project:
- When will the street reopen for westbound traffic?Answer: when they no longer need the heavy equipment to lift supplies into the building. There is no estimated date at this time.
- Plantings in the median have been damaged by construction activity. Answer: at least two members present recall the developers saying they would assume responsibility, not only for the median planter, but also for the plantings at the cul-de-sac at West Pine and Sarah.