WPLNA Meeting on Tues. 4/9/19 at 7:00
The West Pine Laclede Neighborhood Association will meet on Tuesday, (date) at 7 pm at Northwest Coffee, 4251 Laclede (at Boyle). We will hold elections for block captains and get an update on the water system repairs for the community garden. All are welcome!
The minutes from March’s meeting and copied below and will be presented for approval at the meeting. We look forward to seeing you on April 9th.
WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
President Harold Karabell called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM
MINUTES – The minutes were approved with one correction.
Certificate of deposit value: $7,173.62
Checking account balance: $2,231.43
Savings account balance: $1,059.54
The treasurer reminded the membership that member dues for 2019 are due in April. To renew or to sign up go to https://westpinelaclede.com/join/ . The treasurer will print flyers reminding existing members to renew and inviting new members to enroll. Volunteers are sought to distribute these manually rather than incur expenses to send via US mail. Please contact Terry Werner at 314-535-0845 to help.
The position of chair of the beautification committee is open. Contact Harold Karabell at email@example.com you are interested in serving in this capacity.
Ron Coleman :
- The dog waste station at West Pine and Sarah has been emptied by someone.
- Parking around the Gerhart Lofts has been problematic. There is a plan to shift traffic lanes to the east on Vandeventer Ave. to allow more legitimate parking. Owners are contributing to the costs.
- Sidewalk 50/50 program is in progress in our neighborhood.
- Street lights: 4300 and 4400 blocks of Laclede – existing light fixtures cannot be repaired and replacement parts are not available. Half of the lights on the 4400 block are out and there are no cobra lights to illuminate for pedestrian safety. Lighting on these blocks is slated as an upcoming long-term project.
- Operation Brightside is offering blue recycle bins for sale at $1.00 each.
Marshall Michener was not present. A resident reported an incident about 2 ½ weeks ago at 3:40 am at West Pine & Boyle where a man walked through a residential area, jumped onto the porch but left after noticing a camera. She was advised to notify Jim Whyte of the Neighborhood Security Initiative.
4200-4500 Gibson Avenue will receive an honorary street name of “Bob Gibson Way” at an upcoming ceremony on April 3rdat 3:00 pm. Ozzie Smith will serve as MC, Bob Gibson, Bill DeWitt and Mayor Lyda Krewson will be there. For more information on the remarkable career of Bob Gibson, check out the 1968 season of the St. Louis Cardinals.
He also mentioned an exciting new development in the ward to be announced tomorrow morning.
Diana Gualdoni, Secretary