The WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION will meet via ZOOM on Tuesday, January 12 at 7:00 pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 579 333 1902
We have no guest speakers scheduled this month and any new agenda items would be welcomed.
Minutes from our December meeting are appended below and will be presented for approval. Please take a minute to review them before joining in the meeting as we will be limited to 40 minutes.
All are welcome.
WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
President Harold Karabell called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm. via Zoom.
Attending were: Harold Karabell, Terry Werner, Leah Koesterer, Diana Gualdoni, Doug Brown, Barbara Brown, Lorraine Simpson, Marshall Michener, Sue and Paul Nauert, Terry Van Schaik, Ron Coleman and Yusef Scoggins.
MINUTES (Diana Gualdoni) : October minutes were approved unanimously as written.
TREASURER’S REPORT (Terry Werner) No change from last month:
Time deposit: $7,412.91
Diana Gualdoni presented a request from the community garden for a contribution of up to $600 which, together with potential contributions from the Manhattan Townhouse Assn (not yet approved) and from the community garden reserves, will fund replacement of the deteriorating ten-year old fence at the community garden.
|300||2×3 #1 outdoor wood fence posts|
|700||1×6 western cedar pickets (3′ length and 3″ spacing)|
|200||Labor (+ volunteer labor)|
|70||Waterproofing wood finish (2 gallons at $34.98)|
|400||Boyle-Laclede Community Garden|
|300||Manhattan Townhouse Association|
|600||West Pine Laclede Neighborhood Association|
The question was raised as to whether more than one vendor provided costing for the lumber, and, if not, additional bids should be sought, particularly from New Market Hardware which has been a friend of the association and of the garden for years.
A motion was made and approved to provide up to $600 toward the fence replacement.
Lorraine Simpson asked us to share the news that New Market Hardware has become an Amazon Hub Counter, meaning you can have your Amazon package delivered there to be held for pickup – an attractive alternative to having the packages delivered to one’s front porch.
For those who may not know, New Market is located at 4064 Laclede and is open 7:30-4:30 M-F and 8:39 – 1:00 Sat. Telephone: 314 – 371-1720.
BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE REPORT (Lorraine Simpson and Sue Nauert):
- Leaf cleanup at West Pine and Sarah: 3pm on Wednesday, Dec. 9. Volunteers welcome.
- Holiday decorations in our neighborhood are encouraged. Lorraine will be hanging red velvet bows on the 4100-4200 block of West Pine and encourages others to do the same (or similar), saying it is especially important to lift spirits during these difficult times.
- Street cleaning – Compliments to the city for recent street cleaning on West Pine which provided much-needed street sweeping and front loader scraping of the built-up leaf waste.
- Lorraine Simpson reported continued issues of trash buildup on Lindell
- There is an apparent abandoned sofa on Lindell in front of the Cancer Society.
- Neighborhood Improvement Specialist Ron Coleman volunteered to look into having the sofa removed.
- Yusef Scoggins suggested the group consider what communication tool could be useful to communicate with businesses on this section of Lindell Boulevard.
DEVELOPMENT (Ron Coleman) :
- Harold Karabell has not yet had any response from the developers of the proposed apartment building on Lindell https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/6-story-apartment-building-planned-on-lindell-in-the-central-west-end, but intends to schedule a special meeting of the association when they do respond.
- Ron Coleman mentioned that an apartment complex has been added to the plans for Foundry STL site. See https://www.cityscene-stl.com/post/city-foundry-gears-up-for-phase-2
The meeting adjourned at 7:37 p.m.