The West Pine Laclede Neighborhood Association will meet on Tuesday, April 12th at 7 pm at Northwest Coffee, 4251 Laclede (at Boyle). All are welcome!
The minutes from our March meeting are copied below – please take a moment to review these in advance as they will be presented for approval at the upcoming meeting.
We look forward to an update from our Beautification Committee. Other agenda items are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.
WEST PINE LACLEDE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
President Harold Karabell called the meeting to order at 7:08 PM.
MINUTES: February minutes were approved.
Checking: $ 435.90
Time deposit $4,450.09
Several membership dues have been sent in.
Harold opened with good news from David Chunn, Community Development Manager for the Washington University Community Redevelopment Committee. David has offered to support beautification efforts in our neighborhood. WPLNA Beautification committee will reach out to him on the extent and intent of his offer.
Sharon Olwig reported on the status and further development of the West Pine/Sarah cul de sac. Her plans include: addition of a gravel path, incorporating more shade tolerant plantings, professional relocation of the plum tree, some minor regrading, and setting up some sort of semi-automatic water system. The existing statue will need to be professionally refurbished. It was agreed that the developer of the Artizen will be contacted by Lorraine (beautification) to solicit some support funds/labor. All present approved the Olwig’s plans.
ALDERWOMAN TINA PIHL reported on Ward 17 updates:
- The Alderwoman’s new website is fully operational; all updates, upcoming meetings/events can be accessed there. In addition, all aldermanic bills can be tracked via the website. https://tinasweettpihl.com
- Next Alderwoman meet and greet: this , March 10 , 6:30-7:30, recycling and refuse will be addressed. All are invited to attend and comment. Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/17THWARD or See Alderwoman’s website for zoom link
- The April Alderwoman meet and great will be , April 13, 6:30-7:30 location TBD (check the website) and zoom virtual. This will be a special civics works meeting. It is designed to help residents navigate and access city resources and promote community engagement. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- A community engagement meeting is planned for Tues, March 22, 6:00-7:30 , Chase Park Plaza Khorossan, to discuss the development planned for corner of Lindell and Kingshighway.
- The recent fentanyl tragedy was addressed. The Alderwoman is partnering with Dr. Kenya (SLU) and Darious Young (Botanical Heights neighborhood) to establish a Community Public Safety Committee and to start listening sessions for the residents at Parkview Apts. where most of the overdose deaths occurred.
- Recycling update: St. Louis City recycling services continue to be suspended due to driver shortage (despite the incentive of a $3,000 signing bonus). Meanwhile, the city has contracted with Rubicon for a 3 month pilot study to address city-wide recycling efficiencies. Board Bill 199 addressing city wide recycling is scheduled for hearing on April 22, 10 am. Interested parties are encouraged to sign up to be on a speaker’s panel before the board. See the alderwoman’s website.
Doug Feltch tentatively scheduled April 30 as our neighborhood spring alley/neighborhood clean-up. More info to come at April meeting.
Harold adjourned the meeting at 8:04.